Show Menu

Universal Credit was introduced on the 25th of January 2016

Those affected by the change will be single individuals who are of working age and are making a new claim for Jobseekers Allowance and help with their rent or other housing costs.

  • You will not be affected if you’re already receiving Housing Benefit and Jobseekers Allowance.
  • The claim will need to be made at the Job Centre.
  • You will no longer be able to claim Housing Benefit from Plymouth City Council.
  • You will still claim Housing Benefit from the Council after 25th January 2016 if you have a partner and/or dependent children.

Universal Credit will gradually be rolled out to other claimants including couples and families.


Based on a Concept by Advice Sheffield.
Created by ESP Projects Ltd.

Joomla! Debug Console


Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries